Friday, September 24, 2010

Desk Talk: Dr. Pepper

Well, Blogs are for talking about the world around you, what you like, what you don't like. Blah blah blah. So I decided that once in a while, I'm going to pick something up off of my desk and talk about it. The things on my desk are what I do, what I like, what I surround myself with.

The first thing I'm going to talk about (the first thing that I saw when I sat down) is Dr. Pepper

Hurray. Dr Pepper claims to have 23 flavors, so lets try and think of 23 awesome things about Dr. Pepper.
  1. Uh,. It's delicious. Bottom line.
  2. There are only 150 calories per can, as opposed to 140 in Coke. Calories are energy, and BOY do I love calories. nomnomnom
  3. You can use Dr Pepper in recipes
  4. Dr Pepper is the oldest soft drink manufacturer in the US. A company around for that long must be doing something right.
  5. Dr Pepper dropped the period after "Dr" sometime in the 1950s. Why is this awesome? Because Dr Pepper is too badass for grammar. What are you gunna do about it?
  6. Dr Pepper Company owns Snapple, 7UP, A&W Root Beer, Sunkist soda, Canada Dry, Hawaiian Punch, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Slush Puppie frozen drinks, Mott's Apple Juice, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T, Holland House mixers, Rose's, Mistic, Yoo-Hoo, Orangina, IBC, Stewart's, Nantucket Nectars, and a bunch of others. what a pimp!
  7. Dr Pepper is kosher. Hells yeah
  8. Dr Pepper contains denatured rum, so even Pirates can enjoy it! Yo ho ho, bitches.
  9. Dr Pepper was originally caffeine free, but since caffeine is so badass, they decided to add it.
  10. You can drink Dr Pepper hot, over a slice of lemon, and its actually delish.
  11. Mr. PiBB tried to knock off Dr Pepper, but Dr Pepper whooped his ass.
  12. Cherry Chocolate Dr Pepper. What other company has the balls to put chocolate in? Even though it wasn't the most successful endeavor, it still took balls.
  13. A "Flaming Dr Pepper" is a better tasting variation of a "Jager Bomb". You take about 3/4 of a shot of Amaretto, top if off with 151 proof rum, and drop it into a glass of colllld beer, after lighting the rum on fire, of course.
  14. There are Dr Pepper museums in Dublin, and Waco, TX.
  15. You can now get a Cherry Dr Pepper ice cream topping. I have it in my cupboard.
  16. I'm running out of things to talk about.
  17. Dr Pepper is great at masking the tastes of things like medicine and alcohol. CHUG CHUG CHUG
  18. Dr pepper isn't too sweet (like coke) nor too plain (like pepsi)
  19. Every company that tries to copy Dr pepper, with their own version, or by simply adding cherry to the mix, has failed. Epicly.
  20. Dr Pepper is proof that High Fructose Corn Syrup > Pure Cane Sugar. Seeing as how Dr Pepper with pure cane sugar isn't as good, and tastes kindof flat. (I've had both.)
  21. There is a legitimate Dr Pepper club, called the 10-2-4 Club.
  22. The 10-2-4 Slogan was created because some scientific-y people decided that during a normal day, a person loses energy at 10:30am, 2:30pm, and 4:30pm. Dr Pepper claimed (back in the day) That if you drink the deliciousness at 10, 2, and 4 during the day, the extra energy will help get you through the slump.
  23. Dr Pepper is friggin delicious. Oh, I said that already.
So there we have it. Now you know something I like, what is something you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment