Saturday, September 25, 2010

Desk Talk: Cell Phone (LG Rumor Series)

Being the third in the LG Rumor lineup, each of which I have had, this is by far my favorite!

Lets start at the beginning. I started off with a White LG Rumor.
This was probably the worst phone I've ever had in my life. I literally had it replaced at least 4 times, all due to completely different issues.
 First, the whole bottom half of the phone stopped working. The keyboard, the charger port, everything.
Second, the screen would skew, so I would have to hold the phone pretty much horizontally and diagonal to read texts or menus.
Third, the charger port stopped working.
Fourth, some of my keyboard buttons would randomly stop working.

After almost a year of putting up with this BS, I was finally eligible for the Upgrade to the LG Rumor 2. I was skeptical, this phone sucked ass, so I thought the upgrade would be the same. I read some decent reviews for it, and I figured I'd rather pay $50 bucks for the upgrade replacement for the FIFTH time the Rumor died, than pay $200 bucks for a brand new different brand.

This phone....was perfect. I Had it for about a year and never once did  I have to replace it. Unlike the Rumor 1, the text messages were in conversation mode, which I love.

So I'm going to continue on to my current phone, because the Rumor Touch still holds some of the great things I loved about the Rumor 2

I already said I loved conversation  mode of the Rumor 2, so here are some of the things that I love about this phone.

Customizable Menus



The "Hello" User Interface
You can group your friends into categories of your choice. For instance, these are the out-of-state friends I talk to a lot, so I grouped them together. If you touch an icon of one person, it brings up this second screen. From here you can Delete the contact, view the rest of their contact information, call them, text them, and see your recent history with this specific contact. You can also change their picture ID. If you do not have their picture, you can chose from pre-made avatars.
If you want to text, lets say, 3 of these people all at one time, you would draw a circle around them, it groups them together in a mass text message. You can have 6 friends on each of the 4 pages of the Hello UI.

The Application Manager



The thing that blew my mind about this phone, was that I could listen to music and text message at the same time. If you have a Micro SD card, you upload music onto that, and the Music Store application finds that music automatically and adds it to your playlist.

Once you start a song, it will sometimes find the Album Art without even asking! But not always. All you have to do then is press the Menu button and chose "Send to Background". Then you can do anything else on your phone, EVEN go on Facebook and Twitter.



I bought this phone in June, and I have had to replace it once, but it was my own fault. I took it with me when I worked at a Summer Camp, where it got damn, dropped, left in the sun, generally fucked up.

So thats all I have to say about that!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your comment! that was sweet of you! I like the name of you blog! fun! Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete